Providing drinking water security to all throughout the year, involving people to natural resource conservation, enhancing their capacity to cope with impacts of climate change and starting a process of change that builds society based on principles of equity, justice and freedom from greed.
- Strengthening people’s capacities coping with livelihood pressures to regain rights and responsibilities over traditional water resources and to create interest for regenerating tanks and lakes.
- Building a model of local community based decentralized management process for community water sources in every state of India.
- Building a Water Resource Centre in every state, which takes forward the process for advocacy on water literacy, water governance&rights and community based water management.
- Various mediums will be used for creating awareness among the society for traditional water harvesting structures like building resource material, role plays, slide shows, Literacy camp, meetings, conventions, conferences, workshops, documentary and training & research programs will be organized.
- Implementing the orders of Honorable Supreme Court and provisions of Drainage Act. Using various medium of people’s advocacy like PIL, listening to people views, inter dialogue workshops and amendments in legal framework.
- Organizing the local community. Supporting people’s participation in the conservation of RWH structures. Building work plan for implementation of government plans. Ensuring transparency in the implementation of administrative plans for conservation. Building organizations at the local level and increasing livelihood opportunities.
- Investigating the reasons for declining water conservation structures and drying up of river. Procuring advice of community and subject specialists. Consulting old research and literature. Knowing the economic, social and climate change effects originating from these structures. Understanding the effects of all these on the livelihood resources.
- Preparing within the community groups of people with same thought process and working on the same issues. Fixing the people answerable on the basis of ability and experience. Developing behavior of working in a community.
- Media Advocacy and Mobilization including orientation on water issues
- Recognition of innovation / initiatives on water issues by CSOs / Water Practitioner / Media Representatives through Announcement of Annual Award
- Promoting people’s advocacy by providing legal information and strengthening access to water resources for people from the poorest segments of society.